First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
>> Friday, June 29, 2012
First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
After running the tutorial, I got into a sandbox game. And so many new and interesting things to do. Even in a Catacomb level of way that could make traps and torment chambers and all the goodies that I fail to spot in the first level Dungeons. I could as well play as the king of the zombies. New and improved "bonus" items in my imprisonment and torture tricks bonds and all sorts of things interesting, I'm very pleased so far with this expansion.
Reply With Quote
#2
Old 01-10-2011
MinkaM MinkaM is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 902
Re: First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
I just thought that the environment would be to kalypso ice as seen in the videos. The surprise was the discovery that was to the Dark Lord and Kalypso has hell. Especially when the disabled list ended the first to return to conquer! Another thing is that the yeti might have looked a little evil! Especially with the eyes, which look kind of funny and harmless. But I think my grief goes to the disappearance of the skill tree. No more stealth skill or pessimism or even cure or speed (no more frozen cannonball build). Well, I guess it goes well with the new game mode but still, I'm a little sad to see the skill tree is not there I guess it is for shorter games as well. On the other hand the new techniques are really great! The circle of ice on the disabled list is truly impressive and I love how the game is displayed for AOE spells like the circle of ice and vision.
Reply With Quote
#3
Old 01-10-2011
Irene-I Irene-I is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,497
Re: First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
The majority old spells are obtainable as scrolls now. Scroll drop has been enlarged and there are a few gimmic who even give you scrolls and potions while the avatar interacts with gimmicks or pass on in your prison.
Reply With Quote
#4
Old 01-10-2011
DougWison DougWison is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,457
Re: First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
The construction of frozen always dominated in my humble opinion! I tried a couple of different builds with the GUI and the same statistical trick and I was always having fewer problems with ice buildup. I also tried to focus on spells alone and was difficult to manage as he had to sacrifice a couple of good skills far closer to being able to diversify in the 3 trees, but still very effective. I was wondering how you are going to handle that.
The sacrifice seems to be the best idea, although I was thinking of Diablo 2 and form 2 "naked" character can pvp at the same level and at the end wins best building. So it's a kind of strategy too! From the dungeon beyond the RPG, I guess if you have a way to build more powerful than his opponent, who sits near the game, even at the beginning of the game, can the heart of the enemy dungeon only clutter (and creatures) and win the game. Guess he can from the spoils of fun instead of having a battle of two masters of the same power!
Reply With Quote
#5
Old 03-10-2011
Ashley Parker Ashley Parker is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,422
Re: First Impression of Dungeons: The Dark Lord expansion
I had an idea for some DLC. Want more maps / sprites Incentives and the ability to teleport to the dungeon of the heart (or prison / torture chamber, perhaps?) If you earn the ability to do so. One could argue the cost of a thing, but it would definitely have to have a long cooling time to not be too much on food. It would be great if the site worked just as normal teleportation spell, allowing the possibility of returning troll your site if desired.










0 comments:
Post a Comment